Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Idea

Most people are familiar with PostSecret. This blog has been set up for a similar purpose: the collection of secrets. The differences? Well, this is for people -- students, faculty, alums, administrators -- with links to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. We feel that this community is large enough to offer the anonymity necessary for a project like this one, but the uniting factor in our lives might encourage us to look at the people in the Pit, at basketball games, on the P2P and on Franklin Street in new, more empathetic ways.
We also hope to use these secrets to create an art piece in the coming year. The nature of the piece is still pretty nebulous, but everyone who reads the blog will, of course, be updated on its progress and invited to the event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the reason that I haven't been in a relationship such a long time is that I'm too picky. I'm not sure it's a bad thing, but sometimes I'm scared that I'm passing up something special because I have unrealistic expectations about love. As much as I act like I don't need guys, I'm terrified of never finding true love. Thank you Disney.