Saturday, March 29, 2008

I would never have had sex if I wasn't so sick of the stigma associated with being a virgin. I hated how that'd come up whenever people talked about sex, the way their views of me seemed to change having learned that I was a virgin, the way they'd talk about how much they "respected" that but treated me differently anyway, as if it was a religious or moral thing, when I'm one of the least "religious" people I know. I reget that I let others' decisions have such a big impact on what I decided to do with my body, and because of that, I consider myself somewhat of a born again virgin, though yet again, ithas nothing to do with religion. I haven't had sex in a year, because I haven't felt like it, haven't felt comfortable with it, and if I could do it over again, I wouldn't have had sex at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm also a virgin and one of the least religious people I know. Whenever I tell people, they laugh and say "yeah, right" or "that's cute." But, I have stopped caring what others think because they have no right to judge me or my sex life. I might have an awkward wedding night, but I won't have any regrets about my decision to stay abstinent.