Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Last year, I had everything one needs to be truly happy - then I took on an internship over the summer, ended up by myself with no friends or companions (not for lack of trying), and spent every day in isolation.

It showed me that the mental strength I thought I had was a farce, and the resulting depression from acute loneliness fundamentally changed me as a person.

Then this year happened, and I lost it all - love, friendship, and everything that I thought defined me as a good person.

And so I sit on my bed, at home this summer. But life is cruel - though I'm now at the place I would've given my all to be last summer, I'm lonelier and more in need of a hug and a reassurance from a friend than I ever have been.

And I have no one here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That summer loneliness and isolation sounds awfully familiar to me. Don't give up! If you have even the tiniest inkling of hope for the future, you will be just fine. In the meantime, though, may I suggest lots of books and movies? They can definitely help improve a dull summer.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel. I've spent most of my summers alone. I don't know if this helps you, but for me, it's really helped to remember that I'm my own best friend.

And books and movies are AMAZING for summer. Or any time.

Anonymous said...

you have no idea how much i fear this. and i'm on my way to my internship.