Monday, May 12, 2008

Part of me is still in love with my ex-boyfriend from years ago. Most of me is in love with my current boyfriend. Why, no matter how hard I try or no matter the length of time separating our relationship, does that part of me still exist?

No one understands why I still love him. He knows me better than anyone. But why can't I forget him? Why can I still feel his lips on mine? Why do I still, on sleepless nights such as these, finally find peace imagining his arms around me? Why can't I be satisfied?

I love my boyfriend. I do. How do I stop these thoughts? I don't know how much longer I can take it. This part of my heart, although relatively small, dominates my thoughts. But, why?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had this problem once. the new guy didn't fill up my whole heart. that was the problem.

Anonymous said...

I think no matter how much you fight it, those thoughts are always going to be there. You learn something from every relationship and keep a part of it with you...what you're feeling is perfectly normal.

Anonymous said...

I think I understand how you feel. This is extremely tough, I know. The only advice I know to offer, and that I sometimes remind myself of, is to be true to your heart. But at the same time, please do let common sense come in to play as well. I'm sorry this is so tough on you. I wish I knew who you were so I could have someone to talk to as well.