Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I am a very political person, and I always have been. I am liberal, but come from a very conservative area. When I finally gained the strength to voice my opinions to those closest to me, they attacked me and my views to the point that I started to think that they see me as only a "goddamn democrat" than the person they knew, loved, respected, and supported for years. I haven't changed a bit.

The experience has sickened me to the point of virtual apathy. I have always hated it when people were apathetic about something with the potential to cause great change.

Plus, I am going into the upcoming year with a big leadership title in a prevalent political organization on campus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a similar thing happen to me. Now I just don't talk about politics or religion or anything else like that. It's better to have someone respect you than to feel like you got your two cents in. Plus, nobody likes to be told they're wrong.

Anonymous said...

I was raised liberal, and my family is VERY liberal, but I'm starting to realize that I'm actually more conservative.

I'm constantly surrounded by ultra-liberals, especially in my chosen career, and I don't know what to say whenever they go off about how the worst thing in the world is a Republican.