Saturday, May 3, 2008

I'm so stressed about exams. But now I can't even concentrate on being stressed about exams.

Today, my dad told me that my mom has breast cancer. All I can think about is all the horrible things that could be ahead. I'm so scared. And the worst part is, I can't talk to her about it. She doesn't want me to know, so my dad says I have to keep it a secret. How can I keep it a secret when I just want to call her right now and tell her that I love her, but if I do that for no reason, she'll know that I know.

I wish he had just waited a few days to tell me so I could concentrate on school things and enjoy my birthday. I don't blame him, I know it's worrying him too, so I'm sure he just needed someone to talk to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found out my mom has breast cancer too. All my support goes out to you. Love your mom, and love your dad too.. just do what feels right. They need you

Anonymous said...

please don't let a day go by that you don't tell your mom that you love her.

Anonymous said...

When I was in the middle of studying for my comp exams for grad school, a family friend committed suicide (and tried to kill his wife). My mother made everybody in my family swear not to say anything until I took the comps. I was upset at my mom at first but I realized my mom wanted to protect me. Your mom probably feels the same way and your dad probably needed somebody in the family to vent to. Hang in there, and when you get home make sure you tell them both how you feel.

Anonymous said...

My heart truly goes out to you and to your family. I know you can and will persevere through this no matter what. Be strong, and this will be in my prayers.